Steven Andrew shares how to pray the most powerful prayer for leaders that brings peace and protection, and so churches meet publicly.
“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2
What does God say to pray for leaders, so we are protected and have
peace? The answer is to pray for what He commands leaders to do.
Praying God’s known will advances the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus
Christ. Also, remember in the USA we are One Nation Under God, as
we follow Jesus Christ and our representatives serve We the People.
Here is what God says to pray for leaders:
“provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers…” Exodus 18:21. “He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.” 2 Samuel 23:3. See Psalm 2:10-12, Deut. 17:18-19.
- Fear the Lord, which is to obey God’s Word and depart from evil.
- Be a man of truth, keeping their word and the Constitution.
- Hate covetousness and have the lowest taxes possible.
- Be just – upright, and equitable in the distribution of justice.
“the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart…” 1 Sam. 13:14.
“thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy
soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength…” Mark 12:30
- Be a man after God’s own heart.
- Love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- Insist to have Christian religious liberty not freedom of false gods.
“Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” Mark 12:31. See 1 Tim. 5:8.
“God created man in his own image…” Gen. 1:27. “the glorious liberty of the children of God.” Rom. 8:21. See Acts 5:29, 1 Cor. 10:29, Heb. 10:25.
8. Love Americans as they love themselves.
9. Demand our God-given rights of life, liberty, the pursuit of
happiness, conscience, property, travel, and the free exercise of
Christianity, including assembling of ourselves together as churches.
“And the king… made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the
LORD, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his
statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul…” 2 Chronicles 34:31
10. Reaffirm covenant:
- The Lord is the God of the USA and Americans (those who believe) are His people. Psalm 33:12, 2 Corinthians 6:18
- Jesus is judge, lawgiver, and king of the USA. Is. 33:22, Phil. 2:11
- Americans obey the Holy Bible with all of our heart and all of our soul. Luke 6:47-49, 2 Chronicles 34:32
- The USA seeks the Lord with all of our heart and all of our soul. 2 Chronicles 15:12, Matthew 7:7
- Americans teach 3 generations to live in covenant, with Christian nation leaders from schools to federal representatives, with Bible reading and Christian prayer in schools. Matthew 28:19-20, Is. 59:21
- The USA turns away from everyone against Jesus Christ. We witness to unbelievers, but we do not vote for them nor are we unequally yoked with those in rebellion to God. 2 Timothy 3:5
- Americans restore the Cross (renew the altar) and receive forgiveness for the USA’s sins by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:7, Jonah 4:2
If a leader won’t follow God, pray for a Christian who obeys these truths to replace him immediately. Judges 3:9, Joel 2:17, 2 Chron.19:2. Acts 5:29, Ex. 1:17. “Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.” Founding Fathers
If our mission of saving lives and America is important to you, then donate today to be a ministry partner.